Custom Search

Friday, February 27, 2009

Saudi Experience (Part5)

Saudi Experience (Part5)

Three days after my arrival from Jeddah, My wife
and me met at the house of my cousin somewhere
in Quezon City where she endorsed to me our three
children (all boys). My problem was the kids could
no longer recognize me any more. It was my first
cousin Inday who became close to the kids after
thirty minutes of stay at my cousin's house.

Since i don't have the house to stay i have
decided to bring the kids to my Home Town in
Guindulman, Bohol. I convinced my first cousin
Inday to accompany me to Bohol because i could
not even hold the youngest, He will cry if i will
hold him. In the late afternoon, we proceed to the
Pier and rode at MV/Cebu City bound for Bohol.

It's a twenty four hour ride from Manila to the
Port of Tagbilaran City in Bohol. During the night
of our travel, we encounter a strong storm along
our way,and most of the passengers were seriously
praying, others were crying and all of the
children in that ship were crying. Very strong wind
and big waves were hitting us. I thought the ship
will sink. This lasted for more than three hours.
All of my kids were crying. We had a sleepless
night during travel. When all of the children
inside the ship were crying, That was also the time
that i was able to hold Jed (my youngest) who was
less than one year old during that time.

Every body was scared during that trip, but i was
very happy because i became closer to my kids
starting that night. When we arrived at home, my
parents and me were so glad to see the kids, but
at the same time asking also where's the mother?
So i have to explain the entire story to them. After
telling them the story, i told them my plans that
for the mean time i will leave the kids to them
for one month while looking for a house to stay
in Manila. All of their reactions except my father
were all negative! My mother told me, I'm old
already to take care of the kids. My married sister
also told me that she can't promise to help me. My
late brother who was about to get married during
that time told me also that he can't promise to
hepl me because he is getting married alredy.

I have nowhere to go except to bite the bullets.
For the last chance , i talked to my father that
i have to go back to Manila so i can look for a
House to live in. My father agree with me. The
following day I brought Julius (the eldest) to
my very close Aunt, the sister of my mother and
they agree to take care of Julius. The Eldest was
separated with his two younger brothers for a while.

I went back to Manila and was able to find a house
for us. My next problem was if i have to bring the
kids to Manila without a heper i can't move. First
week in Manila i sent some amount to my parents for
the kids expenses. It lasted for thre months before
i can get back the kids it's because i make sure to
produce a Sales before i got them back for financial
security. On the third month i went back to Bohol to
get the kids. I have to convinced my youngest sister
Juliet to go with me to Manila and promised here to
send to college. Since she just graduated from high
school, She agree with me. It was Juliet who played
the role of a mother to my kids until my youngest Jed,
was already first year high school. I owe a lot to
my sister Juliet because without her i can't be
effective in my job. At first i have to trained her
everything specially in managing the kids.

I have to research for training program on Quality
parenting and share it with juliet what i learn
from the program so that all our moves will be
coordinated. I have to read books on adult and
child psychology so as to understand the behavior
of the children so i can adjust to them. I bought
training program for the kids specially the
subliminal training. While the children are sleeping
i play the program. I enroll them in special training
programs like the Psykids. I enrolled them in swimming
lessons, in Drawing, in marital art to make them
active and develop the early self confidence.

When i started earning my millions, i decide to stay
in Valle Verde II so that they will grow in a good
environment and at the same time gain a self
confidence and build up a good network for the future.
When they were in Elementary,i enrolled them at
Montissouri and in high school they got special
sudjects for Math at KUMON School. This is a
school thet specialized in MATH for children. VERY
expensive school. All of my kids were junior golfers.

This is how i build up their foundation, thats why
i did not find hard time Managing them except during
the early years specially when one got fever, all
of them got fever. Their were so many sleepless
nights and pressures during their early years.

I was yet then a Top Producer in my job and got a lot
of promotions until i reach the Sr. Vice President
Position of Fil-Estate Group. I owe a lot also from
my Company for the contineous training that they
offered me, specially to my President Mr. Roger C.
Damasco who sponsored me at ASIAN INSTITUTE OF
MANAGEMENT, Though i shoulder all the expenses. I owe
it to Fil-Estate my Growth in the Real Estate
Profession. Thank you so much to all the people
behind the company.

Thanks to all the readers for you time.

Peter E. Cadorna
Author

1 comment:

dang berse guanzon said...

congrats again for being the inatay(ina -itay) to your kids. you really did the right thing of exposing them to the real world. i can already picture them to be the next you soon.